This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
This air fryer cornbread casserole is made from scratch and easy to put together. It’s quick to make and is ready in just 30 minutes! It’s perfect to serve with chili, soups, and as a side dish to your favorite meal.
Cornbread is a classic side dish recipe. This air fryer cornbread is made in one bowl and bakes in under 30 minutes! It makes a perfect and moist side dish for any dinner.
This air fryer cornbread recipe is so simple to make with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This cornbread is soft and moist, it is a perfect addition to any meal.
- Delicious topped with a little bit of butter.
- Homemade and made from scratch!
- Serve these as a side for soup or chili and this will be the best dinner.
- Flavorful, and super quick and easy to make.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Baking Mix – a premixed shortcut containing flour, baking powder, shortening and salt.
- Yellow Cornmeal – yellow cornmeal is perfect for this recipe.
- Granulated Sugar – this recipe is a little bit sweet, but not overly sweet.
- Baking Soda – gives the bread the perfect fluffy, tender texture.
- Salt – just a bit of salt brings out all of the flavors.
- Eggs – holds the dough together.
- Butter – melted butter adds moisture and deliciousness to the cornbread.
- Half and Half – any dairy milk can be used in its place.
How To Make This Recipe
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the baking mix, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt.
To the dry ingredients, mix in the eggs, butter and half and half. Mix well.
Spray the air fryer baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and spread into a smooth layer.
Place the pan into the air fryer and bake at 340 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Check the center of the cornbread with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Add a new more minutes if necessary.
Remove from the air fryer and let cool before cutting.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Over-mixing the cornbread batter will result in a tough corn bread. Stir and mix just enough until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Grease the sides of the baking pans so the cornbread doesn’t stick.
- Use a toothpick to check the cornbread and it still comes out a little wet, cook a little longer.
- If the cornbread is not holding together, try adding a little more flour and less cornmeal.
- Adding in cheese and jalapeños add more flavor to the cornbread.
- Make cornbread muffins by filling silicone cupcake molds.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Store the cornbread in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freezing: Wrap the cornbread tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container like a zip top bag. Freeze for 3 months.
Cornbread goes perfectly with chili and BBQ, but it’s also great with your favorite meal.
Yellow cornmeal gives cornbread a traditional southern country flavor.
Honey, butter, jams and chutneys are all great cornbread toppings.
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half and half
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the baking mix, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- To the dry ingredients, mix in the eggs, butter and half and half. Mix well.
- Spray the air fryer baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and spread into a smooth layer.
- Place the pan into the air fryer and bake at 340° F for 20-25 minutes. Check the center of the cornbread with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Add a new more minutes if necessary.
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.