This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
These air fryer muffins are so easy to make! Full of chocolate flavor and made completely from scratch. They’re perfect to have on hand for breakfast or for a quick snack!
Once you try these air fryer muffins you’ll never want to go back to baking muffins in the oven again! The air fryer produces a moister and lighter muffin. You can bake these muffins for breakfast, as a snack or even as a dessert.
They taste amazing with melty chocolate chips!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These simple muffins are the perfect choice for busy mornings.
- Perfect for brunch or weekend breakfast.
- Muffins turn out great in the air fryer!
- The muffins are so soft, fluffy and delicious.
- These air fryer double chocolate muffins will be your new favorite.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- All-Purpose Flour – provides the structure in baked goods.
- Granulated Sugar – contributes to sweetness and helps create flavor.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – adds the chocolate flavor.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent that helps batter to rise when baked.
- Baking Powder – also helps batter to rise.
- Milk – whole milk or 2% is best.
- Eggs – creates structure and stability within a batter, as well as moisture.
- Vanilla Extract – enhances all the other flavors in the recipe.
- Butter – helps to create a light and tender texture.
- Chocolate Chips – adds more delicious chocolate flavor.
How To Make This Recipe
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder together.
Mix in the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Combine all the ingredients well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the batter into silicone molds, or paper lined cupcake liners, then place in the air fryer.
Turn the air fryer on the 350 degrees F, and cook for 12-17 minutes. Check the center of the muffins with a toothpick to make sure the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Try different type of chips other than chocolate. Any type of chip like butterscotch, white chocolate or peanut butter chips work too!
- Try preheating the oven for more evenly baked muffins.
- If you have a smaller air fryer you may need to cook the muffins in separate batches.
- Don’t over mix the muffin batter, otherwise, you’ll end up with dense muffins.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coffee into the batter for more intense chocolate flavor.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Place the muffins in an airtight container or zip top bag and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Freezing: Freeze the muffins in a freezer safe zip top bag or container for up to 4 months. Defrost at room temperature before reheating.
Yes! Silicone molds are perfectly safe to use in the air fryer.
Absolutely. You may need to use them in a mold, like a ramekin in order for them to keep their shape.
Yes, you can, as long as it fits into the air fryer!
The texture of air fryer muffins is identical to oven baked muffins.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Mix in the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Combine all the ingredients well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into silicone molds, or paper lined cupcake liners, then place in the air fryer.
- Turn the air fryer on the 350° F, and cook for 12-17 minutes. Check the center of the muffins with a toothpick to make sure the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.