This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
BLT chicken salad is a healthy and filling salad that makes a perfect main dish for two! Great for lunch, dinner or even meal preparation for the week. With similar ingredients to a BLT sandwich, this salad adds the addition of grilled chicken breast and hard boiled egg.
Say goodbye to the typical BLT sandwich for this delicious easy summer salad recipe. Filled with grilled chicken, chopped tomatoes, bacon crumbles, hard boiled egg and sliced cheese on a bed of spring lettuce and drizzled with ranch dressing.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Salad greens are part of a healthful diet because they are sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, and other nutrients.
- Great all year round, especially in the warm summer months when it’s too hot to cook.
- Super easy to put together and loaded with protein.
- BLT salads are a great way to add dimension to your salad with a range of textures.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken Breast – this budget friendly poultry can be grilled on a grill, pan, or griddle and is an excellent source of lean protein.
- Spring Mix Lettuce – made up of 16 fresh greens and lettuces of varying tastes and textures.
- Tomato – fresh tomatoes pack in the flavors of summer and compliment any salad.
- Swiss Cheese – shredded or sliced on top of greens is a delicious choice of salad toppings.
- Bacon – homemade bacon crumbles are super easy to make at home, and are perfect to sprinkle on salads.
- Egg – an easy and tasty way to add a ton of protein to your salad.
- Ranch Dressing – salads are just yummier when they’re covered in creamy goodness.
How To Make This Recipe
Arrange the lettuce on a large plate. Top with all the grilled chicken, chopped tomato, sliced cheese, bacon crumbles and sliced egg.
Drizzle with ranch dressing. Serve immediately.
- Use any variety of greens. Most types of lettuce will work great with this BLT salad.
- Swap out the chicken for a different protein. Steak, or shrimp are great substitutes!
- Sprinkle on some celery or cucumbers on top for some crunch.
- Add some infused olive oils to the lettuce to bump up the flavor.
- Add some onions – green onions are great in salads!
Add salad to an airtight container. Drape a damp paper towel over the top of the salad, then close the lid tight. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Absolutely! Switch out the ranch for your favorite type of dressing. Some other popular flavors are bleu cheese, caesar and balsamic vinaigrettes.
Yes! Feel free to add in any other fresh vegetables that you love. Chopped carrots, sliced bell peppers, chopped celery and radishes are some examples.
Of course! There’s never enough cheese. Cheddar, feta and Colby Jack are a few examples.
- 2 cups spring mix lettuce, chopped
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled and sliced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1-2 slices of Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1-2 crisp bacon pieces, crumbled
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Arrange the lettuce on a large plate. Top with grilled chicken, chopped tomato, sliced cheese, bacon crumbles and sliced egg.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing. Serve immediately.
Looking For More Recipes?