This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
Garlic chicken pasta is an easy skillet pasta dish with bright lemon and sweet garlic flavors. Simple, classic pasta recipes are always a crowd pleaser and budget-friendly. Add this delicious recipe to your dinner rotation!
This garlic chicken pasta dish will make dinner stress-free, and is delicious enough that you’ll be happy to have leftovers. This easy pasta recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner and meal prepping! What makes better comfort food than a pasta dish?
Perfect or those busy weeknight, whip up this dish tonight!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s affordable – because it has cheap ingredients, pasta is consistently an affordable meal.
- It’s a simple meal to make. Even the most beginner cooks can make pasta.
- Pasta is kid friendly! You can get a child to eat just about anything if you combine it with pasta.
- Pasta is the perfect crowd pleaser that everyone will love.
- It gets dinner on the table fast to feed your hungry loved ones.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken – you can use boneless skinless chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs, whatever you prefer.
- Farfalle Pasta – you can use any kind of pasta that you like, Farfalle is my favorite for this dish.
- Butter – helps cook the garlic and adds to the flavor.
- Minced Garlic – minced garlic is the best for this recipe. Add more or less depending on what you like.
- Fresh Lemon Juice – adds a nice tang to the dish.
- Italian Seasoning –perfect flavor combination with this garlic infused dish.
- White Pepper – a milder spice substitute for black pepper.
- Salt – enhances the flavor of the whole dish.
How To Make This Recipe
Prepare the pasta according to package directions. When done, drain but do not rinse.
Meanwhile, place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, white pepper and salt.
When the butter is melted and hot, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes, until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
When the pasta is done cooking, stir the drained pasta into the skillet.
Season with lemon juice and additional seasonings, to personal taste.
- Use plenty of water to help prevent your pasta from sticking together during cooking.
- Add salt to the water when cooking the pasta. Adding salt means more savory, flavorful results when the pasta is cooked.
- Give your pasta a good stir right after you add it to your pot to break up any initial clumps.
- Add more or less garlic and lemon juice to personal taste.
- Use gluten-free pasta so those with gluten sensitivities don’t have to miss out!
- Change out the protein from chicken to your favorite protein. Shrimp is always a favorite!
- Add some vegetables like cherry tomatoes, mushrooms or fresh vegetables.
- Switch out the type of pasta for your favorite – there are countless possibilities.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Cooked pasta should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eaten within two days.
Freezing: Place pasta in a zip top freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to defrost the pasta, transfer it to the fridge to thaw, then heat up.
Boil four to six quarts of water for one pound of dry pasta. Add the pasta with a stir, a decent amount of salt, and return the water to a boil. Stir the pasta occasionally during cooking. Follow the package directions for cooking times. Drain pasta immediately.
It can easily be served on its own, however a salad side or some bread will make a more hearty meal.
I highly recommend using fresh lemon juice for this dish! The flavor is brighter and more pronounced compared to the bottled stuff.
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 4 cups Farfalle Pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. When done, drain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, white pepper and salt.
- When the butter is melted and hot, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes, until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°.
- When the pasta is done cooking, stir the drained pasta into the skillet.
- Season with lemon juice and additional seasonings, to personal taste.
Looking For More Recipes?