This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
Gingerbread latte is a milky coffee drink infused with the flavors of gingerbread, perfect for the holiday season. This latte is made with only a few simple ingredients. Learn how to make your own right in your own kitchen to enjoy anytime.
Make your coffee festive with a homemade Gingerbread Latte! It has all the cozy flavors you love in gingerbread – ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves – in a mug! This recipe is very easy double or triple, too.
There’s no need to spend money at a coffee shop. Now, you can make your own at home! And save a few bucks while you’re at it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Full of holiday spice flavors, but can warm you up any time of year.
- It’s a great way to upgrade your morning coffee.
- A warm and cozy holiday latte full of gingerbread flavors, freshly brewed espresso, steamed milk and whipped cream.
- It’ll have you feeling like a barista in the comfort of your own home.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Milk – use your favorite milk!
- Espresso – I use a shot os espresso, but feel free to use any kind of coffee!
- Simple Syrup – you can also use white or brown sugar.
- Ground Ginger, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Cloves, Ground Nutmeg – for that classic gingerbread spice flavor.
- Whipped Cream – optional, but I highly recommend it!
How To Make This Recipe
Add the milk, espresso, simple syrup and spices to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until warm, about 5-10 minutes.
Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- I like to use whole milk, but this will work well with other types of milk too.
- Adjust the level of sweetness in this latte to your liking. If you like it sweet, add a little more simple syrup!
- Try making it with chocolate milk for a cocoa twist!
- Mix in about 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract to add a vanilla flavor.
- Espresso or strong coffee can be used to make this drink.
- Add a drizzle of molasses. This gives it a more authentic gingerbread flavor.
- Try serving it cold! Pour your latte over ice for an iced gingerbread latte.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days and reheat it on the stovetop as needed.
Freezing: The best way to freeze coffee is in an ice cube tray, then use them as ice cubes in iced coffee!
A gingerbread latte is made with gingerbread spices, steamed milk, and espresso.
Yep! Double the amount of espresso for the ultimate caffeine kick.
Yes! You can use your favorite coffee, including coffee you brew in a coffee pot.
Absolutely! Follow all the steps, but eliminate the shot of espresso.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream, optional
- Add the milk, espresso, simply syrup and spices to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until warm, about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and cinnamon.
This latte makes two small servings or one large serving.
Looking For More Recipes?