This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
Green tea lemonade is a delicious and refreshing drink to cool you off on a hot day! Made with freshly brewed tea, fresh lemon juice and simple syrup, you will never go back to store bought again! Green tea and strawberries add a delicious flavor to this drink you’ll want to sip on all day.
Lemonade and iced tea are the official beverages of summer! Green tea and lemonade combined together make a great, tasty drink. I add fresh strawberries to this drink for some more delicious summer flavor!
This a delicious, refreshing, summery drink that will totally get you in the mood for warm days!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The perfect combination of lemonade and freshly brewed iced tea.
- Just the right amount of sweetness with a whole lot of flavor!
- Made with freshly squeezed lemons for the perfect lemonade flavor.
- Tastes even better than your favorite coffee shop iced tea!
- Save money and enjoy your favorite drink by making it at home.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Water – needed to make fresh brewed tea.
- Green Tea Bags – use for favorite brand of tea.
- Lemons – freshly squeezed lemon juice is key!
- Simple Syrup – store bought or homemade works. If you make it at home, it’s made with a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water.
- Strawberries – use fresh, ripe strawberries. Frozen strawberries that have been thawed also work!
How To Make This Recipe
In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, steep tea bags for 10 minutes. Then place the tea in the refrigerator to cool.
In a blender, blend together the lemon juice, simple syrup and strawberries until puréed.
Using a mesh strainer, strain mixture and discard seeds.
Add the strawberry mixture and the tea to a pitcher and stir to combine.
Serve over ice with lemon slices and fresh strawberries.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Feel free to use black tea, or your favorite tea if you prefer it over green tea.
- For the best flavor, use freshly squeezed lemon juice rather than the bottled stuff.
- Try mixing it up with a different fruit flavor. Mango and pineapple lemonade tea is also amazing!
- Be sure to chill the green tea lemonade before serving. It tastes best when completely chilled.
- The simple syrup can be adjusted to your liking. If the drink isn’t sweet enough, add more.
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yes! Mix 1 part boiling water with 1 part sugar and stir until dissolved. That’s it!
Absolutely! This is the perfect drink for a crowd, so feel free to make a larger batch!
If you don’t mind having seeds in your drink, feel free to keep them. I personally don’t prefer the seeds.
Yes, there will be caffeine from the green tea.
Sure! If you prefer to buy lemonade straight from the store that will work as well.
- 5 cups water
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, steep tea bags for 10 minutes. Then place the tea in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a blender, blend together the lemon juice, simple syrup and strawberries until puréed.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain mixture and discard seeds.
- Add the strawberry mixture and the tea to a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice with lemon slices and fresh strawberries.
Looking For More Recipes?