This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
Mango tango smoothie is a refreshing drink that can be enjoyed any time throughout the day. It’s quick, satisfying and the perfect drink to cool down with in the warm summer months. This recipe is great for the whole family!
This mango tango smoothie blends into a flavorful creamy puree, perfect for a snack and even a dessert. It’s cool, refreshing and full of tropical flavors, including orange, pineapple, banana and mango. It’s the perfect summer drink with great flavors!
Good as a quick and easy beverage for on the go!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This is a simple smoothie to make and it takes only 5 minutes to make.
- The whole family will love this sweet treat, especially in the warm summer months.
- It’s a great way to sneak in fruit while still making smoothies taste good!
- They are the perfect food for busy people.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Orange Juice – high in many nutrients, especially vitamin C and adds the perfect sweetness to the smoothie.
- Banana – have enough moisture to blend well, but are still thick enough that they do not turn into pure liquid when blended.
- Pineapple sherbet – creamy and smooth and full of sweet pineapple flavor.
- Mango Slices – sweet, creamy fruit that provides a good amount of vitamin A.
- Ice – keeps a smoothie frosty, plus it lends more volume.
How To Make This Recipe
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for one full minute, or until all the ingredients are blended down to the desired texture.
- Frozen fruit thickens smoothies. Using frozen mango slices will help thicken up the smoothie.
- If the smoothie comes out too thick, add orange juice, pineapple juice or water in small amounts until the desired texture is achieved.
- If you prefer a thicker texture, add more ice and continue blending.
- For a less sweet smoothie, replace orange juice with coconut water or coconut milk.
- Add yogurt. Regular and Greek yogurt with tropical flavors are great ways to thicken smoothies.
- Make mango tango ice pops by freezing the smoothie liquid in popsicle molds with popsicle sticks!
- Make your mango tango an adult drink by adding a splash of rum.
How To Store Leftover Smoothie
Place the leftover smoothie in a sealed mason jar. Store in the refrigerator for about a day. You can also freeze the smoothie in a freezer safe container and thaw it out when you’re ready to drink it again.
If you’re looking for a healthier mango tango smoothie, omit the sherbet and orange juice and use coconut milk or coconut water in its place.
You can use fresh fruit, but frozen fruit gives the smoothie an icy thick texture.
Yes! Use your favorite flavors. To keep your smoothie tropical, try pineapple juice!
No! The ice adds a thicker texture to the smoothie. Using frozen fruit typically eliminates the need for ice.
- 3/4 cup orange juice, or pineapple juice
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple sherbet
- 2 cups mango slices
- 2 cups ice
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for one full minute, or until all the ingredients are blended down to the desired texture.
Looking For More Recipes?