This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
Mini pumpkin pies are the desserts every Thanksgiving dessert table needs. It’s filled with a creamy combination of pumpkin pie mix, eggs and evaporated milk, baked in mini pie crusts and topped with a dollop of whipped cream. No need for knives or plates, each person gets their very own individual pumpkin pie all to themselves!
Thanksgiving isn’t quite the same without some pumpkin pie. The holidays and pumpkin pie go hand in hand! These mini pumpkin pies are perfect for Thanksgiving because each person gets their very own individual pie all to themselves.
I don’t know about you, but I’m happy to have less dishes to wash from a holiday dinner! No plates or knives required here. All you need is a fork, or spoon!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Made with canned pumpkin pie mix for a consistently good result.
- Made with a store bought pie crust to save time, especially during the busy holiday season!
- Pumpkin pie is one of the easiest of all the pies to make.
- This recipe makes 6 mini pumpkin pies, but can easily be doubled.
- Perfect for any holiday, not just Thanksgiving! We love it at Halloween and Christmas too!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pumpkin Pie Mix – puréed pumpkin plus added spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and sugar.
- Eggs – typical for pumpkin pies.
- Evaporated Milk – gives the pies a lighter, airier bake.
- Mini Pie Crusts – I use mini graham cracker crusts.
- Whipped Cream – totally optional, but who doesn’t love a little whipped cream on their pumpkin pie?!
How To Make This Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin pie mix and evaporated milk. Whisk in the the two eggs.
Pour the mixture into the mini pumpkin pie crusts. Place them on the baking sheet.
Bake the pies for 45 minutes. To be sure they are done, test by placing a toothpick in the center and it should come out almost clean.
Let the pies cool. Serve topped with whipped topping and enjoy!
- Some cracking on the tops of the pumpkin pies is completely normal!
- Pumpkin pie is great for holidays because you can make it ahead. Just keep them covered or in an airtight container.
- The mini pies may still be a slightly jiggly in the center when it’s ready to take out of the oven. They will firm up afterwards since the pies will continue to cook a bit after being removed from oven.
- Try melting some chocolate chips and swirling some of the chocolate on top of the pies with a butter knife before baking.
- Sprinkle some streusel on top of the pies before baking!
- Roll out some store bought pie crust, cut out 1-inch leaves with a leaf cookie cutter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes, or browned. Once cooled, place a leaf cutout on top of a dollop of whipped cream on each mini pie for a fancier presentation.
- Chop up some walnuts and sprinkle them on top before baking for some extra crunch!
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Cover the pumpkin pies with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezing: Cover the pies tightly is plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to a month. Place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
Pumpkin pie has a slight jiggle when it’s done baking, but it shouldn’t appear wet on top. The pie will actually set up once it sits after it’s done baking.
Nope! Just pour the pumpkin pie filling into an unbaked pie crust, and bake it in the oven.
Absolutely! These pies last up to 4 days in the refrigerator, so feel free to make these pies at least a day ahead of a big dinner!
Sure! Pumpkin pie mix is just pumpkin purée with the seasonings already added. If you use pumpkin purée you’ll need to add sugar and some pumpkin pie spice seasonings to the purée.
Pumpkin pie spice consists of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves. You can buy it at the store or make it at home.
Absolutely! This recipe is pretty easy to double, or even triple!
- 30 ounce can pumpkin pie mix
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 graham cracker mini pie crusts, I use Keebler
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin pie mix and evaporated milk. Whisk in the the two eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the mini pumpkin pie crusts. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the pies for 45 minutes. To be sure they are done, test by placing a toothpick in the center and it should come out almost clean.
- Let the pies cool. Serve topped with whipped topping and enjoy!
Looking For More Recipes?