This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
These strawberry hand pies are full of strawberry and cream cheese and can be served anytime and anywhere, thanks to their convenient portability. These sweet pastries made with puff pastry are a simple dessert made with only 4 ingredients. Perfect for a quick dessert and no plate or fork required.
These strawberry hand pies feature a sweet filling of strawberry preserves and cream cheese. Made with puff pastry, these hand pies are made with only 4 ingredients. It doesn’t get much easier than this! These flaky, easy hand pies are a delicious treat any time of year.
These self contained treats are also a perfect to-go dessert for picnics, potlucks or any other moveable feast.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The ingredients are budget friendly and easy to find in any grocery store.
- Any of your favorite pie fillings, both sweet and savory, will work.
- These individual hand pies are fun to make and are the perfect twist to the traditional dessert!
- Easy enough for kids to help with the assembly.
- Perfectly portioned with all the flavor of a whole pie.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Frozen Puff Pastry – Picking up a package of frozen puff pastry sheets at the store is so very easy, convenient and saves a lot of time.
- Cream Cheese – Baking with cream cheese adds a mouthwatering flavor to your baked goods.
- Strawberry Preserves – Preserves deliver a delicious strawberry flavor
- Confectioners’ Sugar – Another name for powdered sugar, the texture is great for dusting over desserts.
How To Make This Recipe
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a rolling pin, roll out pastry sheets until thin, about 1/8-inch.
Cut each sheet into rectangles, forming 8 rectangles per sheet.
Spoon cream cheese to the side of each rectangle, and top with strawberry preserves.
Fold pastry over, forming a square. Using the tines of a fork to firmly crimp the edges together to seal.
Place in the freezer until solid, about an hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Bake pies until golden and puffy, about 20 minutes.
Cool completely on a cooling rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Freezing the pies before baking helps set up the filling and crust so the outside is crusty and flaky and the inside perfectly cooked.
- Let hand pies cool for at least 10 minutes before eating, or serve at room temperature.
- Don’t overfill hand pies, or they’ll burst at the seams.
Storing & Freezing
- Storing: Place cooled hand pies on a plate covered with plastic wrap or foil, or place in zip top storage bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Freezing: Place unbaked hand pies on a baking sheet and freeze flat. Once frozen, transfer hand pies to a zip top storage bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Yes! Lay assembled hand pies on a baking sheet and place in the freezer until frozen. Then, transfer them to a freezer safe zip top bag.
A hand pie is a pastry made with a type of dough stuffed with a sweet or savory filling, folded and crimped along the edges. They may be baked, fried or deep-fried.
Hand pies can be baked, fried or even air fried. The fastest and most convenient way I’ve found is baking them on a baking sheet
The options are limitless when it comes to fruit hand pies. For this recipe, I use strawberry preserves. Apricot and raspberry preserves also make delicious hand pies.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out pastry sheets until thin, about 1/8-inch. Cut each sheet into rectangles, forming 8 rectangles per sheet.
- Spoon cream cheese to the side of each rectangle, and top with strawberry preserves.
- Fold pastry over, forming a square. Using the tines of a fork to firmly crimp the edges together to seal.
- Place in the freezer until solid, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake pies until golden and puffy, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Looking For More Recipes?