This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
These cinnamon rolls with apple pie filling are perfect when you’re looking for a quick brunch or dessert. They are great to make with kids because they are simple and take only 2 ingredients. It takes very little time and looks so pretty to serve.
You don’t need to be a baker to make these cinnamon rolls with apple pie filling! There is minimal time involved and is perfect for the whole family to help with. This recipe is so easy and delicious, you’ll get rave reviews every time.
These delicious 2 ingredient apple pie cups will be ready to serve in no time.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- A simple homemade dessert recipe made with just a can of apple pie filling and a tube of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls.
- The easiest and most delicious two ingredient recipe ever.
- In less than 30 minutes you’ll have a kid-friendly and family-approved sweet treat on the table!
- Everyone will be asking for seconds.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Canned Cinnamon Rolls – any package of cinnamon roll dough that comes with the frosting included.
- Apple Pie Filling – any kind will work, such as coarsely chopped apples or finely chopped apples.
How To Make This Recipe
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also use a brownie pan for square pies.
Separate the cinnamon rolls and set the icing aside. Press the cinnamon rolls into the muffin pan.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of pie filling into each dough lined cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Transfer the icing to small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered for 8-10 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Place rolls on serving plate and spoon icing over the rolls. Serve warm.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Make mini easy apple cobblers by cutting each cinnamon roll into 4 bite sized pieces and tossing them with the apple pie filling.
- Top with toasted pecans for added crunch.
- Serve this for breakfast or brunch, or as a dessert with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Add some caramel sauce to make it even more decadent.
- Mix it up by using different fruit. Canned blueberry or cherry pie filling are delicious too!
- Sprinkle some brown sugar over the top for more sweetness.
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat leftovers in the oven for a few minutes to warm up.
Freezing: Place the rolls in a freezer safe container or zip top bag for up to 3 months. I recommend freezing these without the icing.
For brunch, serve with some yogurt and granola. As a dessert, scoop vanilla ice cream on top.
Apples, butter, brown sugar, cornstarch, and spices are the main ingredients.
Either! There’s no rule. They are great for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
Yes. You can make these up to a day ahead. Any sooner and they might dry out.
Yes! Try with any other kind of fruit pie filling.
- 1 package cinnamon rolls, with frosting and refrigerated
- 20 ounce can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also use a brownie pan for square cups.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls and set the icing aside. Press the cinnamon rolls into the muffin pan.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of pie filling into each dough lined cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the icing to small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered for 8-10 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Place rolls on serving plate and spoon icing over the rolls. Serve warm.