This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure.
This 3 ingredient Nutella milkshake is made with creamy vanilla ice cream, milk and delicious hazelnut spread. This simple recipe is irresistible and will become your new favorite milkshake. Perfect for a hot summer day, or whenever you’re craving a sweet treat!
This Nutella milkshake is easy, delicious and ready within minutes. With only a few ingredients, you can have a refreshing drink that everyone will love. This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves chocolate and hazelnuts.
All you have to do is add the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This milkshake is so easy and perfect for a summer afternoon.
- The perfect treat or dessert on a warm day!
- Perfect for anyone who loves chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Easy to make and uses minimal ingredients.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Vanilla is my favorite flavor for this milkshake, but you can also use chocolate.
- Milk – I use whole milk for a creamier texture, but you can use any milk.
- Nutella – The star of the milkshake. Add more for more Nutella flavor.
- Whipped Cream – Optional, but a fun topping.
- Chocolate Sauce – Also optional, but extra chocolate is always delicious.
How To Make This Recipe
Place the milk and ice cream in the blender. Add in Nutella.
Blend for about 30 seconds, until mixed and frothy.
Pour the milkshake into the glasses. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
- Want to make this recipe a little healthier? Add a frozen banana in place of the ice cream for a banana Nutella milkshake.
- Make this a coffee flavored milkshake by adding 1/4 cup of cold coffee.
- Try a Nutella peanut butter milkshake. Add a tablespoon of peanut butter when blending the shake.
- Salted caramel, chopped nuts or sprinkles also make great toppings!
- Try adding chocolate or hazelnut ice cream. This might lessen the taste of the Nutella though!
- I highly recommend not adding ice cubes because it can water down the milkshake.
- Be sure to add the Nutella to the blender last or it will stick to the bottom and sides of the blender.
- I used whole milk for this recipe, but you can also make it with a lower fat milk.
- For a thicker milkshake, you can omit the milk.
- For a thinner milkshake, add an extra splash of milk.
I highly recommend drinking the milkshake immediately after it’s made. If you do need to store it, place it in an airtight container and store in the freezer or refrigerator for a day.
You can use a hand mixer instead of a blender and it will still turn out heavenly.
You can, just keep in mind that the more ice you add, the more watered down your milkshake will be as it thaws a bit.
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Whipped cream, optional
- Chocolate sauce, optional
- Place the milk and ice cream in the blender. Add in Nutella.
- Blend for about 30 seconds, until mixed and frothy.
- Pour the milkshake into the glasses. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.